Monday, September 27

Trust in me

I accidentally left CNN on while I was preparing a meal and was surprised to hear the word "trust" repeated about fifteen times while they were selling the quality of their news coverage. I'm not sure if this is something new, but I was surprised that they seemed to be practically begging viewers to trust them as a news source. When someone asks for my trust, my first instinct is to be sceptical. I used to watch CNN as a last resort for news, and they have some interesting shows but I generally try to avoid the channel if possible. Their new approach is almost comical, yet indicative of the increasing need for news sources to prove they are worthy sources of information. I, for one, wouldn't trust CNN as far as I could throw 'them'.

I just came across this article on US media after writing the above note.