Wednesday, September 15

confusion

Well that was a long post.. not a bad start to a predictably long, drawn out thought process. It doesn't do well to try to manage so many different identities in one's own head.. even if that head is shaped like an apple. I remember sitting in a lecture about how different circumstances invoke different loyalties and our identities - woman/feminist; student; Muslim; American; Asian; golfer; surfer - all bear their own multifaceted heads under different situations, and at times may even conflict. The concept seems pretty self-evident but it was articulated really well and better than I just explained it. The speaker, a brilliant man, has become one of my heros of sorts, he has fairly accomplished much of what I'm interested in and he just exuded kindness. Anyway, I need to write out my personal confusion because, well, it confuses me. Maybe later, when I have some work to do I can do that to procrastinate. I don't think I've ever heard of that before - planning out procrastination.

Okay, well I need to do some work and possibly bake some cookies.