Thursday, September 16

Mediocrity

I've been flipping through some blogs.. and there are a few that I really enjoy that are so cleverly written and actually insightful. What I don't understand is the number of incredibly popular blogs that document the unimaginative details of unremarkable lives. There is also the plethora of authoritative opinions on the presidential candidates and requisite slating of opposing liberal or conservative views.

The latter two categories, which seem to constitute the majority of the blogosphere are beyond my coprehension. Why do stupid, boring, average peope have an insatiable need to share their mediocrity? I guess the response to that is don't read then.. but really, when you're bored and on the hunt for intelligent life you can't help but be frustrated by these irrelevant people sharing their irrelevant lives.

I miss being in academia.. I don't miss the work but I miss the mental challenges. I guess that's the real reason I started this blog.. to write out what I'm thinking and see what it is exactly... revisit it and check for leaks.