Thursday, September 30

Iranian Moooolahs

I must say that I was impressed by Kerry. I'm not particularly fond of him but he definitely did well in the debate. He speaks like a statesman. His responses were direct and complete given the time constraints. Bush on the other hand... well I think Yale should strip him of his degree to maintain some semblance of high standards.

I know I shouldn't make fun of people's accents and some words are difficult to pronounce, but you can learn. Make the effort, at least. If none of the above prove reasonable for your own capabilities, please don't embarrass us by repeating the words over and over again.
Mooolahs? Viladimir? Nukular?

Despite the blatant bashing that took place under Jim Lehrer's watch, I have very little faith in the American people. I've already gone into my befuddlement at the prospect of any rational being supporting Bush so there's no need to rehash that here. I know that people still think that Bush has done well by them. They are even, dare I say proud of Bush. But then these are the same people who think that 'Axis of Evil' is a legitimate term; that al-Qa'ida has a tangible presence that can be eventually eliminated by a 'war on terror'; that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11; that this country is safer than it was 3 years ago; and that Reality TV is entertaining.