Wednesday, September 22

Nelly

Furtado, of course. I really enjoy her music. I'm not enough of a musician to comment on this extensively, but I really love her voice. Even though she is a beady-eyed Canadian.

Lovely day today, everything is radiating colour and heat. This warmth is slipping away into another cold winter, going to enjoy it while I can. Maybe escape to the southern hemisphere this winter for a taste of sun in the midst of the December deep freeze.

Had a chat with Jenna yesterday, she's thinking of putting off school for another year and had a drink over the weekend. I crapped on her head, I'm sick of listening to this nonsense. I know I shouldn't be so self-righteous, but if she's not willing to make improvements on her situation, I'm over and out. I told her so and she almost started crying about needing people like me in her life. That surprised me because she might realize that I'm a voice of reason she doesn't take the advice on board. What she needs to do isn't difficult but she's making so many excuses. She doesn't think it's a big deal that she had a drink even though she knows the path that she follows when she has alcohol in her system. I'm sick of this, why bother with someone who doesn't respect herself enough to make even the smallest changes? One would be to stop going to bars. Another would be enrolling in at least one token class to start making inroads to her goal. She's not busy and she's not weak. She's just an idiot.

I've often received the criticism that I take myself too seriously. I read into things, I think about what people say. I can't imagine not doing what I do. My curiosity about people and places and systems forces me to ask questions and do tons of research. I suppose it's like a scientific process to discover the underlying thread that connects things, for lack of a better word. I've always enjoyed that, simplifying a process to discover underlying motivations. This isn't to say that I'm always asking annoying questions but if I am interested in something, I am very observant. I also have a short attention span. Not sure how to reconcile the two in this paragraph, but I'll leave you with - "Consistency is boring,"