Friday, October 8

My Favorite River

So, I haven't heard anything since I filled out a number of forms for my soon-to-be employer. The forms were fairly standard, investigating whether I have committed any number of crimes or have any inclination to do so. I was told these would take 3-5 days to process but it has been 6 full business days. Now, I don't have anything on my record, as far as I'm aware so there's no reason to fret. I've been granted US Govt Security Clearance, so I can't imagine what could be stalling this. Well, I can imagine a few HR ladies standing around gossiping, but they can't do that for 6 days... can they? I still have to take care of a few other things before I get my official offer. I was told to expect to start on the 18th of this month, but the way things are moving, I wonder if they meant next year. Not that I'm itching for a 5am rise and the panic of the Manhattan commute, but I have a more pressing problem. I have run up a fairly decent credit card bill, which won't be a problem once I get paid, but until then I think I have a lashing coming from Ferdinand. It's now a race between my first check and when the bill arrives. I'm pretty sure of who is going to win but a girl can live in denial, can't she?