Sunday, October 17

I am un jour de retard

I'm not sure what to make of the fact that on more than one occasion I have come here looking to see if I've updated. Needless to say, I'm pretty bored. A good friend recommended a few books I should get into, and that is something I'm looking forward to.

The excitement that comes with the knowledge that I am going to start working soon has subsided, giving way to dreaded dark cold mornings. I think the independence that comes with working is something pretty motivating. A new experience nonetheless.

More than anything, I need to get back into my fitness routine. You might think that fasting complements one's goal of eating less, but in reality the celebrations that surround it involve a lot of rich foods. Not that I'm complaining. That and I need to be able to stand up in order to go to thie gym, and my post-fast feasting is making that pretty difficult. The problem is, the fatter and more unfit I feel, the less motivated I am to go. Conversely, if I feel like I'm getting fitter, I am cemented in my routine - no matter what else, I make it to the gym. When I was in it, I would look forward to go to the gym at 5am, no matter how painful the cold was. I feel so lazy right now and it's compounding on itself. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the correct use of compounding, but think in terms of interest. It becomes overwhelming. Ugh.

I've also spent time playing with the cutest baby around. He sometimes forgets if he's laughing or crying and does both simultaneously, to my neverending amusement.

Oh- and I've had some words with the ape. Things are much better, thanks for asking.

Peace.