Tuesday, October 5

Minutes

Right-O. Enough of all that. The end of the year is upon us, and I think that personal reflections and adjustments are more valuable than my take on the election. It is depressing, however, to think that if Kerry does win it will largely be because Bush lost.

There isn't much to go on about, I need to select an impressionist painting to re-paint for my art class and buy a whole lot of supplies. I have no idea what I want to paint. Any suggestions? I also need to go through my photographs and find one I want to paint. I think I have some beautiful shots from Costa Rica. I took a lot of photos there but wanted to develop and print them on my own. Four years later, still no access to a dark room. I think the film must have gone bad by now.. but might as well drop the rolls off and see what comes out. The shots I do have are courtesy of my friend, and those are stunning.

On the employment front, it looks as if I'm about to be employed for a position that I'm woefully underqualified for.. right now anyway. Training is about 4 months so I'll probably feel differently about it after then. Hopefully they send me to London for some of the training, I want to see the ape. It's been entirely too long. My very good friend from Sydney has just moved to the UK as well.. a complete surprise to me. Her sister has also been married. All this in the span of 3 months, at the beginning of which there was no indication of such changes. Wish her sister every happiness, and to you my dear I will have to plan a visit over the Christmas holidays. If I get any now that I'm on the brink of the real world and no longer living the life of the oblivious student.

Regarding Fitness, running is improving quicker than I expected. I say improving but really, I'm starting to get back to where I was. I should probably vary my cardio routine but the stationary bike is so boring I fall asleep. The elliptical and other cardio machines, I don't feel like I'm getting the same workout although my legs are generally sore. Weights are coming along well, I have to spread out the routine so I can leave the gym in 45 minutes in order to get to work on time. The leaves me about 15 minutes for weights, which should be okay.

And the dissertation. Right, well if I had to write it while I was on the bike, I'd be comatose. I'd rather stick pins under my toenails than carry on with this. Okay enough whining, I have about 2000 more words to go and a lot of footnotes. That's nothing - about 3 days worth of work. The editing shouldn't take too long.. I just want it done.

On a different note, I've made a wonderful new friend. It certainly pays to take calculated risks. I said calculated - I'm still going to wear my seatbelt.