Sunday, January 23

rebooting

This is pretty bad, I need to step up my writing. I have been reading some fantastic blogs where the writing is just leagues from where I am. I'm sick of stating the obvious, or maybe stating things so obviously. It's dumb. I know this kind of stuff doesn't come from trying and I will feel even more self-conscious if I try. I am also sick of whining. I'm sick of a lot of things. This negativity is taking its toll on me, as it always does. In its own subtle, malicious ways: the blemish on my chin, my inability to be active and of course, the unfinished paintings that are sitting in the corner of my room. I'm also getting collection notices from my local library where I kept a book out for a month past its due date, and while I've finally returned the book I owe them $40. I haven't even finished the book. Bah.

So for the first time in weeks I feel rested. I know I write about sleep a lot but it's something that I hold very dear. There are few things in life that can make me feel as good as a good sleep, barring the obvious, of course. By that I mean chocolate.
Anyhow, I'm once again turning the page. I've once again bought a little journal to document what I eat so I can stop 'forgetting' and just stop. I'm once again unconditionally committing myself to the gym and going to study Arabic again. I'm pretty happy with work as it is still something new and a challenge, and I'm gaining a bit of confidence. Can't go wrong with that. Will write more, you'll bear with the crap that comes forth and be rewarded for your patience with a few unpolished gems along the way. That's just where I am now. As long as I get better, I'm okay with that. Happy New Year.