Sunday, January 30

aahhh.. brisk!

What a fantastic weekend. I didn't do anything.. but my parents have been away for a few days and there is this fantastic sense of calm that has settled. No Ferdinand waking me up at 8am on Saturday, telling me to start my day, no mother asking me to go get her things. No one had me do a thing and it was fantastic. I've almost forgotten how it feels to live on my own. Then again, each time I got hungry I spent a good hour or two trying to think of what to eat and getting annoyed there was nothing ready for me in the fridge.. then trying to remember what I did when I was on my own.

Speaking of which, I'm starting to look at places in the city. Ape may be coming over in a year or so to further his pursuits of becoming an overqualified bum, but strong chance he may stay over in England for a few years in which case I'll be more than happy to join him and rent out whatever I may buy here. It's always exciting to plan for the future, and even moreso to actually get out and start looking at places that I may be calling home - all on my own. Little Jimmy is really heading off to camp, eh?

Right, well my meal is ready so I'm off. Enjoy the coming week!