Sunday, December 12

Swindle

I have managed to destroy not one but two power source things during the two point five years this laptop has graced my life. In both instances, the rubber coating cracked and the underlying wires were exposed and ruined at the point of connection to my computer. Thus the adaptor has forsaken its duty of charging the battery. The first was the result of mishandling on my part. I had this nasty habit of pulling on the cord to bring it within reach, like pulling a stubborn Staffie on a lead. Charming, I know. I learned my lesson when I had to drop 80 dollars for a second one. However careful I was this time, it has succumbed to the same fate. Not counting this one time my sister tripped on the cord (which was neatly tucked under the desk, mind) and completed a gold medal-deserving face plant into the plush carpeting. She is talented on many fronts, it runs in the family. The computer's potentially tragic fall was broken by the cushion of the seat, thankfully. Because the warranty on this power source has just expired last month (and I have long since thrown the receipt), I have decided to swindle Apple and have it replaced under my brother's warranty. This is my confession.