Wednesday, December 8

Befuddled

Am I the only one in the world who doesn't know what 'emo' means? I suspect it has something to do with 'indie', which with my astute powers of deduction I have determined to be short for 'independent' and often used to describe music. I am also suspicious that 'emo' is short for 'emotional'. From here, I'm not sure where to take the fork in the road.

Another prime example of my version of deep thoughts as an attempt to abate the panic of failing an exam. What does such a reaction mean? Does it mean I try to avoid discomfort? But then who is the idiot who wants to run into a wall of fire? Aside from a hero, I guess. So does that mean I'm a coward? Or maybe I need to do this to 'dumb' my brain down to take something on merits, as a problem to solve rather than approaching it as the ominous giant it has become?

On an unrelated note, the spinning instructor had a classic rock cd on today. The last working song, usually the most difficult, ended with a 4 minute jam session by The Grateful Dead. I generally hate jam sessions unless I'm at a fabulous show at a fabulous venue. What kind of torturous human being plays a session with no predictable ending at the end of a spinning class?